Saturday 28 March 2009

Photographs & Report from Reunion - March 2009

Well thanks to all of you who made the effort to come along.
As you can see from the photographs below we were 21 this time.
Philip and Susan of the Rugby Club in Whitland had kindly given us the room and also put up posters and bunting for me (as well as some 'then & now' pictures - which I might put up here - so watch out!). We had a whip-round to donate to theri club funds.

We didn't have a buffet this time and just had nibbles - a good idea as it turned out as Mary wasn't able to come along at the last minute and I wasn't sure if I'd be there either - so a sensible decision. It also saved having to spend all night collecting money.
It was a shame a few people couldn't make it - either for medical reasons or because of a clash of dates. Anyway despite being only about half the numbers of last time I thoroughly enjoyed the evening (possibly more so than the first). It was completely different - but I appreciated being actually able to chat to people properly this time - something which I didn't get to do before as there was so many of us.
Anyway I wore red and navy in homage of our old uniforms - never been worn before because as soon as I see the two colours together I think 'Whitland'!
It was great to see Dorothy and Barry who hadn't been able to come in 2007. Once again time just flew. I didn't get home till almost 1am - and I wasn't the last to go - I'll mention no names but you both know who you are!!
Thanks for sparing me phone calls yesterday - what with being so tired and starting to lose my voice I wasn't up to much of anything.
Still I would say it was another resounding success - just to see old friends brought back together and chatting as if never apart is thanks enough for the work put in.
Please leave comments and also vote for what/when you want another get-together (people were asking when the next one was going to be on Friday night!!).
Mary pointed out earlier that 2012 will be the 45th anniversary of when we joined Whitland - however whether people want to wait three years or just have one in between is up to you all - just leave your votes and we'll go with the majority decision.



Ruth (Phillips) & Patsy (Allen)


Elizabeth (Penn) & Huw Davies


Gerdda Howells & Iona Morgan



Margaret (Thomas)



Patsy (Allen) & Jan (Clayton)



Dorothy Davies & Gareth Richards



Huw Davies



Patsy (Allen)



Brian Jones & Barry Reynolds



Lloyd Evans, Gareth Richards & Brian Jones


Randel Lewis, Aled Jones & Lyn Davies


Elizabeth (Penn) & Dorothy Davies



Ken James



Lyn Davies, Robert Watts, Nev Stocking & Elizabeth (Penn)



Mr & Mrs Eurig Thomas

No comments:

Whitland Grammar School History

If anyone has old pictures from the Grammar School or any more information on its history please get in touch and the items can be included here - with credits back of course. I have put together a separate blog foe the school history now at - www.whitlandgrammarhistory.blogspot.co.uk